How To Change Your Location in Pokemon GO [Super Easy Hack]
Pokemon GO players that live in big cities or suburbs have no problems finding Pokestops or Gyms, but what about rural areas? If you live in rural locations, finding Pokestops and Pokemon in general can be extremely difficult, and you can basically forget about catching a rare one.
Never fear rural dwelling Pokemon enthusiasts, there’s a trick that can help you get the same experience as your friends in the city.
When you combine GPS spoofing apps and a strong VPN, like our top pick ExpressVPN, you can change your location in Pokemon GO.
For most mobile apps, using a VPN is enough to change your region or your location. But Pokemon GO has begun monitoring their servers for players with a location that doesn’t match their phone’s GPS coordinates, so a mock location masking module may also be required.
Such players may face a suspension or a ban. Spoofing apps and masking modules help to prevent Pokemon GO from detecting that you’ve changed your location.
Changing your location in Pokemon GO is pretty simple, and you can get started on your next big Pokemon adventure in just a few easy steps:
Quick Guide –
How to Change Your Region in Pokemon GO
Choose a VPN — we recommend ExpressVPN for Pokemon GO.
Install the VPN and connect to a server in your target location.
Open Pokemon GO and start playing.
Change Your Pokemon GO Region with ExpressVPN
How a VPN Helps You Change Region in Pokemon GO from Anywhere
Pokemon GO can determine your location by checking your IP address. The company will also look at your mobile device’s GPS coordinates to make sure that they match the location of your IP address.
If it’s determined that you have cheated, Pokemon GO can use your IP address to effectively ban you from playing the game.
A VPN (in conjunction with GPS spoofing apps in this case) allows you to avoid being identified by your IP address.
This means that you can mask your online activity and change your location within Pokemon GO. When you change your location, you can access certain Pokemon and items that you wouldn’t have been able to find otherwise.
VPNs also provide strong protection for those surfing the web or browsing through different apps. Powerful encryption keeps your information safe from hackers or from other third parties.
How to Change Your Region In Pokemon GO
Changing your region in Pokemon GO varies depending on whether you are using an iPhone or an Android mobile device. After downloading and installing a VPN on your mobile device, you’ll also need to install a GPS spoofing app as well.
- Choose a VPN and register for the service. We recommend choosing ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your mobile device. You can find ExpressVPN in the Google Play Store.
- Go back to the Google Play Store and download the Fake GPS Location app.
- Now, visit your Android device’s settings.
- Once in settings, click “About Phone.”
- Tap “Build Number” seven times. This will turn on developer mode.
Go back to settings and visit “Developer Options.”
- Click the option that says “Mock Locations App” or “Allow Mock Locations.”
- Now, you’ll need to install a module named “Mock Mock Locations.” This is to stop apps like Pokemon GO from figuring out that you have mock locations enabled.
- Download Mock Mock Locations here, from the Xposed Module Repository.
- Turn on Mock Mock Locations.
- Now turn on your VPN on your mobile device and choose a server in a location where you’d like to find Pokemon.
- Make sure you’ve turned on the spoofing app and choose a location there as well, ideally the same location so that your IP address aligns with your GPS.
- That’s it–you are good to go. Turn on Pokemon GO and start searching for your favorite Pokemon like Gengar, Snorlax, and Pikachu.
- Select a VPN and register for the service. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your mobile device. You can find ExpressVPN in the App Store.
- In order to change your location in Pokemon GO on your iPhone, you’ll need to jailbreak the device. You can learn more about how to do that here.
- Now that your iPhone is jailbroken, you want to visit Cydia. Cydia is essentially an app store for jailbroken devices.
- Pokemon GO checks for jailbroken devices, so you’ll need an app that hides your phone’s jailbroken status. Download tsProtector.
- Now that tsProtector is installed, you’ll also want to download the Location Spoofer app from Cydia.
- Make sure that both tsProtector and the Location Spoofer app are running. Choose a location in the Spoofer app.
- Turn on your phone’s VPN, and make sure it is in the same area as the location you choose in the Spoofer app.
- You are all set. Visit Pokemon GO and start searching for your favorite Pokemon!
The best VPN option for Pokemon GO players is ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN provides a wide range of important features, including powerful encryption and unlimited bandwidth. ExpressVPN also has over 3,000 servers located around the globe.
Lag and latency tend to be major issues for gamers, so bandwidth is always a concern. ExpressVPN puts these worries to bed with its unlimited bandwidth, which makes it one of the top VPNs on the market for mobile games like Pokemon GO.
ExpressVPN’s military-grade encryption keeps third parties and hackers from viewing your online activity. It also keeps other Pokemon GO players from being able to view your IP address or location data.
ExpressVPN also allows you to have up to 5 simultaneous connections, which is a tremendous asset for Pokemon GO players. You can have ExpressVPN protecting several devices which are all playing the game at the same time.
Start Playing Pokemon GO with ExpressVPN!
You can use a VPN in conjunction with other GPS spoofing apps to get the full Pokemon GO experience regardless of your location. When you use a VPN, you can gain access to Pokemon, Gyms, and items that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to reach.
ExpressVPN is a tremendous option for Pokemon GO players because it offers strong encryption and unlimited bandwidth. Unlimited bandwidth is particularly important for helping gamers avoid lag when it comes to gaming online. If you are looking to change your location in Pokemon GO, ExpressVPN is the app you’re looking for.
Can you play Pokemon GO with a VPN?
Yes. Simply turn on your GPS spoofing app, connect to the VPN, and access Pokemon GO. Not all VPNs will hide your true IP or DNS requests, so it’s important to choose a quality provider like ExpressVPN.
Can you still spoof in Pokemon GO?
Yes, but if you get caught you may face some gaming repercussions. First I should stress it’s not illegal to spoof in Pokemon GO, just frowned upon. A first offense usually means a 7-day ban, in which case you will notice the Pokemon are unable to be caught or stored quests may disappear.
That’s why it’s best to use a VPN that won’t leak your true location, then you’ll never get caught spoofing to begin with.
What is the best VPN for Pokemon GO?
My number one choice for Pokemon GO is ExpressVPN, but there are a number of other great gaming VPNs out there including the super-reliable IPVanish.
Want to learn more about which premium VPNs may be the best fit for you? Check out our best gaming VPNs here.
Trying to find the fastest VPNs for your gaming experience? We tested them all out so that you don’t have to.
Interested in finding a new VPN at the right price? We’ve got the top VPNs with discounts available here.
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we’ve tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it’s currently offering 49% off.